Sunday, December 23, 2012

Festive Trees

I do volunteer work at a retirement community in my town. The facility is owned and operated by the Masonic Order. 
The center sponsors a charity event during the Christmas season. It is a silent auction. The residents and departments select themes to decorate Christmas trees. These are displayed in the lobby of the main building. The highest bidder wins the decorations on the tree. 
The best part of Christmas for me when I was younger was putting up a Christmas tree in our home. Our ornaments and lights were stored in my parent's closet. I would open the box when Thanksgiving was over to look at the ornaments. The anticipation for Christmas would begin.
This display of trees is a wonderful sight for tree lovers.
Here are some of the trees that I photographed.
Disney Theme Tree


I named this the Glitter Tree

The Snowflake and Origami Tree

The Elf Tree

The Elf on the Shelf is popular with children  in  the States.  It is based on a book. The Elves magically move through the children's homes, delighting them.

I named this the Wildlife Tree



2 comments:

  1. Very original Xmas trees. Love the Wildlife Tree the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The residents and employees really outdo themselves every year. The Wildlife Tree is imaginative. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete